Saturday, September 24, 2011

Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix



When it gets a little chilly outside, I love to sit down and relax with a nice cup of hot cocoa. I have a favorite hot cocoa mix recipe that looked like it would be easily made lower calorie, and it turns out I was right! Now I can enjoy my hot cocoa without having to count points for it (except the marshmallows, of course). This would also make a great gift for a fellow Weight Watcher or someone with diabetes.

Homemade Sugar Free Hot Cocoa Mix

4 cups dry nonfat milk powder
1 1/2 cups granulated Splenda
1 cup fat free powder nondairy coffee creamer
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 small box sugar free instant chocolate or chocolate fudge pudding mix*

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined. Makes 5 1/2 cups of mix. Store tightly sealed. (I use mason jars.) To make cocoa, put 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup mix in a mug (depending on how rich you want it), add 8 oz hot water, and stir.

1 comment:

  1. I actually used this, instead of flavored creamer, to sweeten my cup of coffee this morning. My coffee usually costs me 1 point but this morning, it was free on Simply Filling, and amazing!

    ReplyDelete