Sunday, July 10, 2011

Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Muffins



Baking and eating my homemade baked goods is one of my favorite things to do, but it can eat up a lot of points very quickly. So when I had a couple of overripe bananas to use up, I asked the Weight Watchers Power Foods Board for advice on banana bread. I was met with a few recipes for baked oatmeal, one of which I decided to try tonight. It was quite yummy!

Here is the recipe, shared by Lynn on the Power Foods board:

Baked Oatmeal

2 1/2 cups oatmeal
1 1/4 cup canned pumpkin, mashed banana, applesauce, any pureed fruit or veg. (or 2 or so cups of shredded zucchini)
2/3 cup splenda (or to taste)
1 cup skim milk
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 T apple pie spice
OR 1/3 c cocoa powder and a bit of sf/ff chocolate pudding mix (pudding optional)
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together and spoon into muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.

I made it with the cocoa powder, no pudding, and mashed bananas. Very tasty!

4 comments:

  1. Kari, this looks fascinating. I'm bookmarking it to try it (though banana never go uneaten or unloved in our house, we usually fight over the last one). Maybe I should go pumpkin? And apple pie spice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can use anything you like! Lynn said the zucchini version she made was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! These were so tasty for someone new to the Simply Filling technique :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe has become one of my staples for Simply Filling. I tweak it a bit every time I make them, but I use this as the framework. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete