Sunday, July 17, 2011

Homemade Meat Sauce




Most of the time I'm too lazy to make a sauce from scratch, even though it's super easy. Today, I took the plunge and did it! I found a WW Core spaghetti sauce recipe for the slow cooker, modified it a bit to fit my tastes, and gave it a shot. It turned out really tasty, and made enough for my husband and I for dinner tonight, lunch leftovers tomorrow, and 2 pint jars to freeze for later. I topped my serving with 2 tsp of grated Parmesan cheese*.

Simply Filling Meat Sauce

Adapted from Food.com

1 lb 93 or 96% lean ground beef, browned
1 onion, chopped
28 oz tomato sauce (canned)
28 oz diced tomatoes (plain, canned)
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp Mrs. Dash Italian Medley
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
2 packets of Splenda

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment